Tuesday, August 2, 2011

a word of advice.

There are no pictures for this post. I just had a day and I am still pretty upset and can't sleep. For starters I am selling some of my junk on KSL. A few weeks ago my loose wires touched and I cleaned out my basement. I sold a bunch of clothes to PLATO's closet. Donated a bunch of stuff to the DI and felt that there were still a few items of value that I could post on KSL. Seriously some people, either they want to trade their crap for yours or they ridiculously low ball your price on a $30 piece of furniture till you could about tell them off. Maybe I will just have a garage sale.....
This past weekend I have been battling a uti, sorry that's a little TMI, on Monday I contacted the urologist and scheduled an appointment to get me some good drugs. Bless the doctors office who got me right in. Unfortunately I didn't have time to arrange a sitter for my girls, and Sarah didn't get her nap. So two tired girls and one miserable mom made it into the office, There was quite a wait and we went to the hospital cafeteria for some ice cream. Upon getting our treats we walked toward a vacant table to sit down, Meg started crying for really no reason, so I told her to sit down and eat her ice cream, she persisted to cry and call me a mean mom. (remember I had just bought her ice cream) I told her she could ask Santa for a new mom. At this point, enter nosey lady, she walks up to my table, "ma'am, I don't think you noticed but," and proceeds to tell me that my enormously gigantic bag accosted my defenseless 4-year-old and knocked her into the chair, and that's why she is crying. Whatever, I pretended not to hear.
Back at the urology clinic, we continue to wait in the waiting room, my kids are still whining and i really don't care. If the receptionsists don't want to hear it get me to the Dr. Finally I get called back, and I am placed in an exam room where my kids begin placing red bio hazard bags over their heads and again I don't really care. Enter the urologist. We begin our little conversation about my symptoms and what not. The highlight of my day was when he asked, "Has your husband had a vasectomy?" Evidently the urologist feels that I have my arms full. (This particular medical professional is a super guy and gave me some good suggestions, and even comented on how cute my girls were. He will continue to be my genitourinary guru) After a day like today, all I can say is Dr. I do concur.
I think that tomorrow I will go shopping, maybe then I will feel better.

1 comment:

  1. michelle! i am so sorry.. i have hectic days... not as bad as yours but i know how you feel!.... hope you get feeling better

    ReplyDelete